* * Ali Saeedi, Khamenei’s representative to the Revolutionary Guards publicly attacked Hassan Khomeini, grandson of the late Ayatollah Khomeini, for taking a stance against the regime and the Supreme Leader and for siding with the leaders of the Green movement. Saeedi also harshly criticized Hassan Khomeini’s apparent absence from Ahmadinejad’ inauguration after the disputed June election.
Ahmadinejad’s inauguration ceremony was clearly boycotted by several prominent figures such as former president Mohammad Khatami and Chairman of the Expediency Council, Ayatollah Rafsanjani. Saeedi also declared that Hassan Khomeini’s suggestive silence in the post-election events has made the Revolutionary Guards and Basij forces suspicious and uneasy toward Ayatollah Khomeini’s grandson.
Saeedi also responded to a letter from Mohammad Ali Ansari, managing director of the Ayatollah Khomeini’s Publications Institute, who reiterated that the late Ayatollah Khomeini had insisted on no intervention by the Revolutionary Guards or any other military or security forces in politics. Saeedi dismissed Ansari’s citings and declared that the problem lies in the amateur and unqualified interpretations of Ayatollah Khomeini’s precepts and instructions.
* * Below: Video of Tehran’s octogenarian payer leader, Ayatollah Ahmad Jannati’s comments during the Friday, February 26th sermon (summary below)
“Our elite needs to discriminate itself from the riffraff protesters; the elite’s silence can be construed as anti-revolutionary. If our elite oppose these rioters, why don’t they voice their dissent, confront them by protesting against them and reprimanding them? I congratulate all those who acted against this enemy that has seen 409 people dead…this aberration. Come back; the way back is still open to you. If you are neither American nor Israeli, then why do they speak so highly of you? If you’re for real and you keep talking about our revolution and our regime, how come over these 31 years, neither the U.S. nor Israel has ever spoken well of our Imam? It’s time to snap out of your slumber and come to your sense (the Basijis in the crowd then cry out “Death to America”…)”
* * Ahmadinejad’s advisor’s paranoid and wild extrapolations: Mahdi Kalhor, Ahmadinejad’s top media and cultural advisor whose own 25-year-old daughter, Nargess fled Iran, seeking asylum in Germany in early fall of 2009, said that Neda Agha-Soltan’s name can be decoded to also mean “the roar of the Sire King”. Kalhor went on to say: “Why is it that these western countries only create scholarships in her name? Why don’t they create them in the names of the other girls, like Taraneh Mousavi or Atefeh Imam? Just pay attention to how this girls name can be transposed. He added: “I guess all this means that with 30 years of accomplishments the regime has not gotten anywhere and Mr. Pahlavi needs to return!! The westerners know that a ‘Soltan’ (King) does not carry that weight in Farsi anymore. Why did they (westerners) announce that Atefeh Imam was raped and burned? Because they know that her name’s configuration means the “affection of the Emam”. These words have not been used without serious calculations. Westners have actively worked on these ruses. These are the tools of soft war. Neda was a simple girl, she didn’t know that playing dead in this film that she played in would really actually get her killed in the ambulance at the hands of that doctor, who as you see has now fled to England.”
* * Below: An interesting video by on the Culture of Human Rights – running time 8:30
* * The Mahdi (or the 12th Imam) popping up all over Iran! believe in the coming of their version of the Messiah, or as they call it (the owner of all time), so over the last few years individuals claiming to be the Mahdi are popping up all over the place. On Friday during the local Friday sermon, in the southern Iranian city of Bandar Abbass, yet another individual, a young man began ranting, claiming to be the Mahdi and said that he had been sent by God to bring enlightenment and blessings to people. Soon after this however he was arrested by agents of the revolutionary guards.
* * Below: A new video of the song EKHTELAF (meaning CONFLICT) by extremely talented Iranian singer and rapper HICHKAS (meaning NOBODY) sung in Persian with English subtitles.